Saturday, December 12, 2009

Covered in mosquito bites! Hydrocortisone cream isn't cutting it. Other suggestions?

My mom always did a baking soda bath for me when I was a kid! On the bad ones she would mix the baking soda into a paste and apply. Seemed to work, I remember getting the bites as we were catching fireflies, but not the painful itch afterwards.|||You are going to think I am crazy and so did my mother when I recommended this to her but she gave it a try and couldn%26#039;t get enough of it for her mosquito bites and that is Preparation H. . . I prefer the cream as the ointment does have a petroleum smell.


It has a topical anesthetic in it and it works wonders not just for bites of any kind but for sunburn as well. . . it is one of my staples along with other things in my medicine cabinet. . . I am never without a tube.|||Similar to Lisa, my parents did the same thing. We vacationed in Arkansas on a farm where the mosquitoes were huge. They came at you with a knife and fork. They always mixed vinegar or apple cider vinegear and baking soda (not powder) into a paste and applied it directly to the bites.|||try going to your doctor and getting a perscription .

No comments:

Post a Comment