Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hydrocortisone Cream 1% use in toddler question???

My son (18 months old) had a small red spot with flaky skin on it on his temple. His pediatrician suggested that we use hydrocortisone cream on it...any brand. So we used Cortaid to be exact. Anyways...we only used it maybe 3 times and I noticed that his skin is lighter where we appiled the cream. So I looked it up online and found that it can change your skin pigmentation!!! I wish his Dr. would have said something...but this has happened now and I%26#039;m just wondering if this is a permanent skin discoloration now? Anybody know from experience or knowledge? Needless to say...it did take care of his little patch of dry skin, but what it did as a side effect is not worth it. =( Are there any other worries after using that stuff that I should know about?|||Hydrocortisone can cause thinning of skin and depigmentation,but usually after chronic use and in high dose not 1 %


without seeing it its tough to give you right answer but my advice is hold hydrocortisone cream now ,use Eucerine for seaborrhic dermatitis(this is what looklike your son have)


hydrocortisone cream side effects are temporary and they will go away after stopping the cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment