Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is there an anti-itch cream without hydrocortisone?

I have a few different allergies that effect my skin so I end up breaking out once in a while in some places especially this time a year.


But I also seem to have a reaction to over the counter hydrocortisone creams since it seems to actually make the reaction worse.





Are there other creams or lotions out there that work well for itch relief that does not have hydrocortisone? I dont really want any prescription stuff since I know steroid creams are bad for the skin so I want to try to stay clear of that and maybe try other options first.|||The best anti-itch medication you can get over-the-counter contains diphyenhydramine, brand name Benadryl. It comes in ointments, sprays, and liquids.





Benadryl is an antihistamine that works against allergic reactions, but it is also a potent local anesthetic. So it will work for an itch that is not due to an allergy because it is an anesthetic, and it will work for an itch that is due to an allergy because it is an antihistamine. It also works a lot faster than hydrocortisone ointment.





There are other itch medications that have the %26quot;caine%26quot; chemicals in them such as lidocaine or benzocaine. They work because they are local anesthetics. But if I had an itch due to an allergy, I would go for the Benadryl. (Or the generics that are cheaper.)|||CALADRYL(Calamine %26amp; diphenhydramine Hydrochloride);- A soothing lotion for relief of Itching. Apply locally 3 times a day|||Try Benadryl cream or try Sarna Anti-Itch Lotion, located in the same aisle as the hydrocortisone creams. Both work well on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment