Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What will hydrocortisone cream do to help cure my ecezma which i have had for two months?

I have had my ecezma around my mouth for approximately two months, and to get to my doctor, i have to wake up at seven o%26#039;clock in the morning because


they only work in mornings. So today i decided to finally go


and the doctor prescribed me with Hydrocortison Cream (30


grams) and E45 Cream. At the moment, my ecezma is very


red,flakey and itchy. What will the Hydrocortisone and the E45 do ? Will they remove the redness? itchyness? flakiness?





- Thank you!|||It will help reduce the inflammation. There is no cure for eczema, but the hydra cortisone will help to control your itchiness and irritation. I have been taking Desoximetasone Cream for my eczema for the past six years now. It helps, but it wont cure it. It also helps with the dry skin. I have found that in the winter when my skin gets dry, i have a harder time controlling my eczema.|||Atopic eczema is usually a long term problem, however, it can be managed.





E45 works as an emollient, which helps to hydrate the skin, preventing dryness and itching. Use the E45 throughout the day as much as you need. Get a small tube and keep in in your pocket / bag. As an alternative, and cheaper, if you pay for it, is Aqueous Cream, which has even fewer additives than E45 (which is pretty uncomplicated itself). Ask your pharmacist.





The hydrocortisone would then be used to treat flare-ups. It reduces inflammation, and an improvement may be seen within 7 - 10 days. Not always, though! If simple hydrocortisone 1% fails, there are some stronger steroid creams which can be used, although I%26#039;d normally plump for the weaker ones around the mouth.





Note :


1 : after applying the hydrocortisone, leave off the E45 for a while so it can do its work undiluted.


2 : even if your condition has improved, put a little E45 on (not the hydrocortisone) just to moisturise and protect against dryness.


3 : avoid cosmetics for a while - you may be allergic to some.


4 : if you have to use cosmetics, try different, simpler ones.








Oh, and just for curiosity%26#039;s sake, any eczema / asthma / hay fevers or allergies in your family?|||Hydrocortisone will remove the itch, and the E45 will most likely soothe it and calm it from future flare-ups. My Mom had ecezma, I feel for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment