Saturday, December 12, 2009

Is 0.5 % hydrocortisone cream safe for babys face?

My almost 2 month old still has baby acne flare ups and really dry skin. My girlfriend has a baby as well and used this on her face and it cleared up. Im getting mixed feelings about putting this product on her face. I know its only suppose to be used a couple of times sparingly.....what do you think?|||I would absolutely not use it. Two months is pretty young and steroid creams tend to thin the skin (which is why you are told to use it sparingly and infrequently), although 0.5% is a low potency. Still, I just think it%26#039;s a bad idea. My son (now 15) had a kind of baby acne, almost cystic little areas on his cheeks, and we didn%26#039;t use anything on his face, I don%26#039;t think it even occurred to us then. It didn%26#039;t seem to bother him whatsoever. Nothing you use will actually cure it so you will be using whatever medication for awhile, not good for a baby%26#039;s skin!!


I would recommend checking for natural remedies or just leave it alone and let it pass on it%26#039;s own.


My son is now 15 and has the occasional little pimples here and there, but no real acne trouble to speak of. Just in case your wondering about your child%26#039;s skin in the future..|||I would check with the on call MD at the pediatrician%26#039;s office first.

No comments:

Post a Comment