Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Can Clotrimazole cream or Hydrocortisone cream hurt a cat if ingested?

My cat has an allergic reaction to fleas and I went online and did a research on what to use, and the site I went to said that these creams were okay to use, however my cat licked the area that I treated and now she has a lot of saliva and I am wondering if anyone knows if this is harmful or fatal to cats?|||While clotrimazole will not hurt your kitty, it is an anti fungal cream and it will not help an allergic reaction either. Hydrocortisone is not good for cats and should be avoided. Triple antibiotic cream available at most drug stores is a good topical to keep the bites from getting infected.





Your cat is likely drooling because she doesn%26#039;t like the taste. Cats will often drools or foam when we give them medicine that tastes nasty.|||Never, never, never, never administer human medication to an animal, especially not based on something a website told you.





Call a vet ASAP and ask for their advice. Have the packaging with you so you can give them details.

No comments:

Post a Comment