Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How can I stop unbearable sunburn itching? Is hydrocortisone cream bad for sunburn?

I revieved a severe sunburn 2 days ago. It hurt pretty bad, and still does but that%26#039;s nothing compared to the itching. I am taking codeine for the pain which doc reccomended but it doesn%26#039;t work that well and I am wondering if that might be causing some of the itch. I am also using some %26quot;After sun rescue balm%26quot; made by clinique that had vitamin E, peppermint, and barley as advertised ingerdients. But no aloe which I have read is excellent. The itching and pain get way worse after putting this on so idk if I am going to use it anymore. After putting that on and experiencing worsening pain and itching I decided on using hyrdocortisone cream which helped a little. I am wondering what else I can do to stop the itching because I am going insane and soon I%26#039;m going to do something stupid like slicing myslef open with my nails but I%26#039;m afraid that even then I%26#039;ll just make the pain worse and still have the incessant itch. Please help, I%26#039;m losing my mind.|||For a quick fix before you do yourself any permanent injury, place an ice cube on the burn and move it around. The shock of the cold will stop the itch dead. Be warned though, this only works as long as the skin remains cold.





Then go to the chemists and pick up any of the excellent aloe vera gel products. As close to 100% pure as you can get it. And just slather that on...pretend you%26#039;re buttering toast, and you just LOVE butter. Replace as often as needed for itch relief. In the beginning this may be as much as once every 30 minutes. Your skin is itching so badly because your damaged skin is so dry. You need to replace as much moisture as your skin can take. This means drinking a lot of water as well. I suggest a 500 ml glass every hour.





Then, when your skin has recovered somewhat by losing much of it%26#039;s redness, or has begun to peel (in a couple of days) replace the aloe vera gel with vitamin A, D %26amp; E cream. All of these vitamins promote skin health. There are super-absorbent creams that contain all of them. The most important for skin repair is the Vitamin A, so if all you can find is a lotion with this, then use that, and take a Vitamin E supplement instead. I don%26#039;t recommend anyone taking a Vitamin D supplement, as it is very easy to take toxic levels of this if you don%26#039;t know what you%26#039;re doing. Instead you could buy milk or juice that is fortified with Vitamin D, and drink that instead.





And from now on, do not ever go out in the sun this summer again without a high SPF sunscreen on. Your skin is going to be prone to easy damage for a long time. Give it a real chance to heal properly. Do you know that every burn at a young age promotes the chance of developing malignant skin cancer later in life?|||I had a bad sun burn on my chest. I went to bed, and woke up at around one with my whole sun burn itching. I used aloe vera, and after a while got drunk. It worked perfect鈥攐ne night being drunk is worth not feeling itchy. Report Abuse
|||I am going through the exact same thing right now. Whatever you do, don%26#039;t itch it! It only gets worse. I put a bunch of aloe vera on, put on a shirt and pressed the itchy area against a pillow. That seemed to help a lot. Drink plenty of water and keep the aloe vera on. I hope this works! Report Abuse
|||When I got my sunburn I used Pure Aloe Gel until the burn subsided then it started to itch like a million ants were biting me and used A%26amp;D skin Ointment on it. Report Abuse
|||I Pure Aloe Gel would definitely work............ Report Abuse
|||The a,e, and d cream took away my girlfriends itch immediately. she was in tears and this helped. Report Abuse
|||I had the exact same horrible thing happen to me. I tried it all and the only thing that seemed to ease the itch and burning was a big bottle of aloe vera that i bought. It cools the skin and relieves the itching by quite a bit. I slathered myself in it. They normally come in big bottles and have the consistency of hair gel. It%26#039;s inexpensive and works wonders. Take some ibuprofen as well to calm the inflamation. If you%26#039;re exeriencing chills or a fever, go see a doctor NOW!|||Take some luke warm baths in an oatmeal soak-


then apply aloe and take some asprin and before bed or if you can nap a benadryl -





I%26#039;d keep on hand the after sun products from Arbonne.


Someone told me about them last weekend and how effective they were to a burn and hydration -





It also includes ingredients that help restore the skin鈥檚 delicate moisture balance.








Avocado oil, plantain, arnica, chamomile, linden and rosemary|||cider vinegar, aloe vera gel, benadryl cream|||Iching means dryness. So if you have aloe , rub on


area and before exposing to sun, wash area why rinse because pure aloe vera on skin and sun do not mix I have experience skin staining. best to do at night, During the day apply on skin a good amount of vaseline intensive care lotion.good luck!!!!!!!|||Calamine Lotion :). It%26#039;s wonderful for putting on most anything that itches and will be good for your sunburn.





Also, pure aloe gel might help and oatmeal baths :).





Good luck and hope you feel better soon!|||Use alavera lotions

No comments:

Post a Comment